Saturday, October 24, 2009

my week without a computer

Lunch date with Daddy.


My church outfit from Uncle George & Aunt Joan.
Mama's laptop DIED last Friday. The repair man said it would cost more to fix it than to buy a new one. We had to wait until Thursday to buy a computer (Windows 7), and we went to purchase one, the brand we wanted was all gone, so Daddy picked up a new laptop for us on Friday!
We have had a busy week. Daddy and Mama finally bought outlet covers last Saturday because I noticed that the outlets have fun little holes and I wanted to stick my fingers in them. It rained a lot this week so we met Daddy at Wendy's for lunch. They had some cool balloons there and I was good in the car as Mama drove me to meet him.
I like to read the newspaper. They had a dog contest, so I liked all the pictures that were submitted. Daddy might not like it that I read his paper before he gets home. I took my first step on Tuesday, Oct. 20th! I was upstairs with Daddy and Mama and I thought it was really funny how I'd stand up on the couch, take two steps, and fall on my face.
I am really interested in candles now. Mama made fish one day and needed a candle to get the fishy smell out of the house, so when she lit the candle and smelled it, I started making sounds with my nose just like Mama. Every time she snifs and says, "Ah," I look at the candle. I also know where Mama keeps the bananas. When she asks me if I want a banana, I point to the banana basket and get really excited.
Yesterday the Godfreys visited me! I got to play with Brock and Evie and they brought me a huge box of toys and lots of clothes! I played all day with the new toys. There was also a surprise birthday gift from Papa and Nanny! You'll see pictures of my very own blue chair soon! Thanks so much!!! I also got some Halloween gifts in the mail from Grandpa and Grandma and Papa and Nanny. I'll write more about that soon!!
Since this is a new computer, Mama can't figure out how to get more pictures on this blog, so she'll put them on later.


No comments: