Saturday, October 07, 2006

Nice surprises are so sweet!


Maybe I should be gone for lunch more often.....

Yesterday was my "all-day-teaching-piano-day-at-Seeds of Faith-Co-op" and Jason surprised me once again by going to Walmart during his lunch break and buying me a beautiful new blender!! When I came home, a big rectangular box was on the table and my beach towel was wrapped around it and there was a cute little note that said I was very much appreciated!

We had been given a blender for our wedding, but it wasn't working very well anymore (and scaring the neighbors, I think, with its unusual high-pitched sounds!) I mentioned on Thursday night that maybe it was time to get a new one for Christmas, and since Jason heard on the Christian radio that you should never get your wife an appliance for Christmas even if she asks for it, he decided to get it right away! We've never had to buy an appliance before since we got everything we needed from our wedding gifts!

We both had shakes yesterday and today and they tasted great!!!

By the way, don't forget to do something nice for your Pastor and his family this month! It's Pastor Appreciation Month!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Way to go, Jason!!!! What a great gift...I'm glad you didn't wait for Christmas!!!!
As a PK, Elizabeth, you certainly know how to encourage your pastor's family....what a blessing you both are to them.
Enjoy those shakes.....

Deb said...

Fun to see you both today. Thanks Jason for all of your legal help and to you Elizabeth for being a great witness. You should have brought shakes to the office today! What a fun surprise. Good Boy Jason!!

We definitely remembered our Pastor & Wife a.k.a. best friends, too!

Love you both

Rachel said...

When you come up with some wonderful shake concoctions, be sure to let me know! :) I'm always looking for an excuse to use our blender!

Our favorite shake:

1 packed of Myoplex LiteChocolate-peanut butter shake mix

1 banana

a couple tablespoons of peanut butter

a handful of Reeses Pieces

milk

Mix together and enjoy!

Ahhhh...it's more like a decadent dessert! :)