Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Body Song

I was picking out a song for the JV group to sing at night church next month and couldn't help but pick this one! Anyone remember this? It brings back great memories of Gull Lake and the Sugar Girls! Does anyone have a picture of them on line?

What part of the Body of Christ are you?

THE BODY SONG

EYE
I am the eye, I go blink, blink.
Yes, I am the eye and I can wink.
I am the eye but I can’t think,
That belongs to my friend the brain.

BRAIN
I fritter fratter frit, fritter fratter frit.
I’m the brain with the electric current patter pit.
I’m the brain and I fritter learning bit by bit.
Yes, I fritter fratter fritter all the time.

EAR
Hearing, Hearing.
Small ears hearing.
We don’t miss much.
Hearing all the time.

HEART
I go lub dub, lub dub I go.
I am the heart, I pump like so.
I’m bringing life to all the parts.
I am consistent, I’m the heart.

ARM
I’m swinging, I’m swinging,
Swinging on life’s merry way.
I’m the arm, I’m the arm,
I’m bringing grace to all.

CHORUS

We are the body of Christ,
We are the body of Christ,
Together bringing His love to the world.

We work together,
We work together,
We do it with cooperation.We work together,
We work together,
We do it with cooperation. Amen.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I loved watching you "sugar girls" singing this! SO glad we have it on video! What a fun song to teach your kids! So thankful we are part of the body of Christ!

Deb said...

What a blessing to see memories being passed on and shared!

Rachel said...

I remember that i was the heart...but in real life, I think I'm the eye because I can't think! :)