Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Chocolate Fudge Pie

Jason and I made this over the weekend! It is a great recipe. Rachel- let me know if you try it!

1 pre-made pie crust
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

3/4 cup 2% milk (we used 1/2%)
1/3 cup light-colored corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites

Topping: Whipped cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Keep pie crust in freezer until ready to use.
3. Combine first 4 ingredients; set aside.
4. Combine the next 6 ingredients; stir with a wisk until well blended.
5. Add step #4 and #3. Stir until combined.
6. Pour mixture into crust. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
7. Spread whipped cream evenly over filling; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cocoa if desired.
8. I "1" the pie..... I "2" the pie.... I "3" the pie.... I "4" the pie... I "5"............ I "8" the pie!!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

That sure sounds yummy!!! We'll have to try it! :)

Rachel said...

Wow! Thanks, Liz! Of course I'll try it! :) You know me...the chocoholic!

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

This is fat free, right? ;)

Deb said...

Fat Free and NO calories, too! Sounds heavenly!!