Monday, April 12, 2010

Virginia Beach


We went to Virginia Beach this past weekend for Alison Peter's wedding. I saw Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Jeremy & Aunt Jen, Tubbs, Peters, and a bunch of other people from NT, NY. We drove 6 long hours in the car and arrived TR night. We went to the boardwalk and had fun seeing all the people there! It was so windy that we all got runny noses. You could hardly stand up! We had a cold and rainy Friday, so Mama and Daddy went to a time-share informative thingy-do and earned $60 to spend at one of four restaurants. We picked Mahi Mahi right on the beach and didn't have to pay a penny for a salmon and rice dinner (Mama), 1/2 pound of shrimp (Daddy), 2 milk shakes, and a lava cake dessert w/ice-cream. I just ate crackers and slurped the milkshake from the straw. I pretend I don't know how to sip from a straw for water, but Mama and Daddy figured out that I could when I was guzzling down the milkshake. Friday and Saturday night, we stayed with Jason's former college professor, Dr. Dunn, who is now the Dean at Regeant University. He showed us the school Friday night but I fell asleep on the way home. Saturday we met up with Grandma and Grandpa and went to the wedding. Uncle Jeremy was part of the handbell recessional. I was really quiet and still when they played! I clapped at the reception when they introduced the parties but fell asleep at 8 when dinner was served. Sunday we went to Sunday School with Dr. Dunn and then made the long trip back home. Thankfully, Daddy and Mama stopped for ice cream right before I was totally bored out of my mind. Mama doesn't like driving any more than I do. I took a lot of naps today because I didn't get any naps in my crib over the weekend! It is great to be home.

No comments: