Tuesday, March 23, 2010

YMCA

Mama dunked me today and then gave me a hair-do.


Sometimes my friend, Alex, meets me at the pool. Alex's mom said that when I'm not there, he won't get into the pool. He only likes to swim when I'm there. I like it when Alex calls me Wata. Mama and Anna (Alex's Mom) have no clue what we're talking about as we splash and have fun in the water. This is my sad face when it's time to leave.

By the way, I got 2 shots this past Saturday - one in each leg. I knew it was going to hurt when the nurse told Mama, "The 2nd prevnar shot stings when it goes in." I was 23.2 lbs and I'm in the 90th percentile for height. The doctor said he couldn't believe I have had such a healthy first year.

I've started walking when Mama walks. I can walk 1/2 a mile. I've started to run a bit, too. On the walk today, I noticed the moon. I kept pointing to it and smiling/laughing. I wondered why it didn't move like the airplanes.

Daddy went to Buffalo today for Mr. Peter's funeral. I awoke at 4AM to say goodbye but Mama and I went back to sleep when Daddy left. We went grocery shopping and I helped Mama use coupons to buy 4 bags of Sargento shredded cheese and 1 Hilshire Farm Deli meat package for a grand total of 20 cents.

I've started sitting on the piano bench by myself and I can "peck" the keys pretty well. At church I sing really loudly when the praise team is rehearsing. Mama can hear me from the platform.

I missed you tonight, Daddy. I hope you sleep well in Buffalo. Tell Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Jen "HI" for me!

There are 2 lizards who live on my porch. I love to walk outside and see if they are there. Mama and I call them, "Mr. Lizard."

1 comment:

Deb said...

IT is so much fun to read about your days.