Friday, January 29, 2010

New, New, New

I am doing something new every day. This past week I showed Mama how I can get my own diapers, raise my hands over my head when asked, kick my legs and move my hands to swim in the pool, identify our home from afar, make a "moo" sound like a cow, listen for the birds outside, and find all the chestnuts on the ground between our house and the neighbor's. I walk to the park by myself without riding the stroller, although I take my time examining nature (rocks, sticks, mud, leaves, etc.) on the sidewalk. I give Daddy and Mama kisses and hugs when they ask. It makes them really happy. When Daddy comes home for supper, I want whatever he is eating instead of what is on my spoon. If he pretends to eat my food, I'll take a bite of it then, but I like his homemade mac and cheese better than my squash and peas.

Daddy is with Grandma and Grandpa this weekend in Buffalo. Yesterday we went to Daddy's work to eat for lunch and I rode the elevator to his office. I gave M&M bags to some of his secretaries for Valentine's Day.

The Godfreys are coming to visit us today! Mama has to play for a funeral, so Aunt Rebekah will watch me. Did you see the videos where I can identify my animal friends and Brock, Evie, and Micah? I can also identify cats, gorillas, dogs, balloons, flags, clocks, girls, and a few other things when Mama asks me to point to them in the books. I have one book called "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and I point to my head when Mama reads that one fell off the bed and bumped his head!

Daddy - I miss you, but Mama let me sleep in her bed last night, so I'm doing just fine. Would you give the blue and white doggy at Grandma's house a hug for me?

1 comment:

Deb said...

It sounds like every day you are learning something new. How exciting! We're praying for your Grandma in NY. Glad your Daddy can go see her. You take good care of your Mommy. Your the man of the house when Daddy is gone.