Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas 2009!

Mama is letting me (Robert) write the Christmas letter this year. I have had one of the best years of my life - OK, so it was my first and only year thus far, but I've had a great 12 months! Mama says she hasn't had a bad day all year because each day with me is special and fun! She didn't let me out of her sight or hands the first four months of my life; Mama said she didn't want to miss a single moment.

Since I'll be one on December 13, 2009, I'll tell you what I like to do: I love eating, walking, laughing, and watching dogs!
I'm quite the traveller! In March, we flew to Michigan to be a part of Papa and Nanny Lanning's 25th year anniversary party at Rollins. I met a lot of really nice people who Mama has known her whole life. Then Mama and I made another trip in July to spend a week with the Godfreys at Papa and Nanny's home.

Over Labor Day, we flew into Buffalo and saw Grandma and Grandpa Hildebrand. Grandpa also made a special trip and drove here in May when Uncle John and Aunt Susan spent a night with us as they were driving through the Carolinas.


I've had lots of visitors: Uncle Jeremy & Aunt Jen, Jeremy Peters, Papa and Nanny (early November), and Grandpa (Thanksgiving). I get together with Aunt Rebekah, Uncle Ben, Brock, and Evie almost monthly, and I've seen Aunt Candice, Uncle Daniel, and Oli, too!

I have really nice Uncles and Aunts! All my clothes and toys are from them! They are so generous with me. Brock shares all his clothes and toys. Mama and Daddy haven't had to buy any clothes for me yet! The only stuffed animal they've bought me is Buba, my gorilla. Even Mama's piano students give me fun toys.


Daddy turned 30 this year and Mama turned 31. We surprised Daddy with a party and even Uncle Jeremy came from Florida. Every once in a while I get to meet Daddy at lunch time. I like visiting his work place. I got to eat Thanksgiving dinner with Daddy in the dining room while Mama played dinner music on the piano.


Daddy also watches me every Wednesday night and Sunday morning when Mama has rehearsals at church. Mama is now playing the Calvary Church Grand Organ in Charlotte, NC. She often leaves the house at 4AM to practice, so Daddy watches me if I awake early.


For July 4th, we watched the parade go by our house with the Linszes. We had a lunch and dessert with Godfreys and Lannings afterwards and went to the pool. Speaking of the pool, I love swimming. I love water. During the summer, Mama took me to the pool almost every day and I didn't even use sunscreen. I was so tan that I had little white tan lines between my chubby hands and feet.

I celebrated an early birthday party over Thanksgiving weekend and I was a little nervous about eating the cake. The candles scared me, but after Mama gave me a sample of the frosting, I put my hands in it for a bit until Mama thought I was going to get it on my clothes. Then she took the cake away.


We finally have some green grass. Hopefully this year we really get a real lawn! Our home is such a blessing and we love our neighbors. I get to see a few piano students every day. Mama still teaches about 10-15 per week.

I went to the Bufallo, NY, Zoo with Grandpa and the Columbia, SC, Zoo with Linszes and Godfreys. I'm getting into animals. I also love books. I love to turn the pages and pick the ones for Mama to read. I read through my 360+ pages of the Children's Bible this year before my first birthday! Sometimes it is hard to sit through the questions at the end, but maybe next year I'll be a better listener.


I am going to visit Grandma and Grandpa in NY next week and then Sawatzkys, Godfreys, and all the Lannings over Christmas!! I can't wait. Maybe I'll see snow. I don't like to be cold, but I'm sure I'll like Nanny's meals!


We want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thanks for following me on the blog this year! I think Deb is so nice to always leave comments!


2010... here we come!!

Love,

Robert


Praise God from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host.
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.


Jesus, thank you for coming to earth as a baby and for dying on the cross and rising again to be the Saviour of the WORLD! Maybe this coming year Christ will return and take us all to heaven!

1 comment:

Deb said...

And to think I almost missed leaving a note on your wonderful well written CHRISTmas Letter. Hope you enjoyed reading mine that I sent by snail mail. Thank you for allowing me to follow you through your first year. Happy Day on Sunday! Love you!