Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Corinthians 13

What is true love?

v. 4 : Love is patient and is kind; love is not jealous and love does not boast.
v.5: Love is not rude and doesn't insist on her own way. Love is not easily angered or offended or resentful. Love doesn't keep a record of wrongs. Love is not self-piteous.
v. 6: Love doesn't rejoice when others fall into sin, but love rejoices in the truth.
v. 7: Love bears all things, love believes the best of others, and love never gives up.

Isn't that beautiful?

Read the verses once again and substitute my mom's name for the word LOVE. (Our pastor suggested that!) Isn't it wonderful that certain people in our lives can be such wonderful examples of love to us? I'm so thankful for my mom! She thinks the best of others, she is so generous, she is always full of energy and excited about life, and she is so extreemly encouraging & helpful to my dad, to all of us, to many friends, and to a whole church family. Someday I hope that I'll be able to substitute my name in those verses. God's still working on me. These verses can be a wonderful prayer to pray for yourself and the people you love.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Amen, sister. :) Those verses are humbling, challenging, and encouraging. If everyone started their day with the goal to really love God and others, the world would be a very different place!

Deb said...

WOW! What a neat way to reread that verse! Your Mom truly is all of these. She has been a wonderful inspiration to me but most importantly...a blessing of a friend!

I think your name could be put there now Elizabeth. You truly are a beautiful example of your Mom!