Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sweet rolls






  • Jason's office always has fun celebrating birthdays... usually each person brings some type of food. I usually send sweet rolls, so yesterday I decided to make my usual batch. Unfortunately, when they came out of the oven, they just didn't look right! I had used all purpose flour instead of bread flour and I had switched the kind of yeast I am used to. I tasted two of them and they tasted great but didn't look as good. At 6:00 PM I decided I'd better go to the store and buy the right ingredients for a second batch. I finally finished them by 10:00 PM. They turned out much better and I frosted them in the morning!

  • The first picture is how they're supposed to look except I took the picture before I frosted them.
  • The 2nd picture is the batch that didn't rise much!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I can almost smell and taste them! YUMMY! Wish we were closer to take a "taste test"!

Rachel said...

Liz, that is too funny! I have also been known to go out at night and buy different ingredients and bake something all over again! Let me tell you, those sweet rolls look really professional! I bet you could sell those things!!

Deb said...

It don't matter to me how they look...my mouth is watering!